Wednesday 26 June 2013

Last night I went out for dinner with a friend. I come back home and my mum asked me how it went.

"Who paid for it?" she demanded to know.

"I offered to pay but he insisted so I let him."

"You prostitute yourself for free dinners and then don't go out with these men that's why all of them hate you so much," she replied.

I couldn't believe my ears.

"He's a good friend and it's not that big a deal who pays. I can pay next time," I said.

My sister was sitting with me. She told me not to bother explaining things to Mum as she's out there to hurt us anyway.

"If nothing I say sounds good to you girls then I won't bother opening my mouth at all. Don't either of you dare to speak to me again," Mum said and walked off in a huff.

So SHE was the injured party? Just because we didn't let her abuse us in silence? Is this how a mother is supposed to be? 

No comments: